– Most squirrels can descend off a tree head first!
– They are mostly herbivorous, subsisting on seeds and nuts, but many will eat insects and even small vertebrates.
– Flying squirrels tend to be nocturnal.
– Ground-dwelling species are social animals, often living in larger groups.
– Tree-dwelling species are more solitary and prefer immediate family.
– Squirrels cannot digest cellulose (what plants are made of), so they must rely on foods rich in protein, carbohydrates, and fats. Tree Nuts like acorns often satisfy all of these needs.
– Squirrels have four front teeth that never stop growing as they constantly wear down chewing tough foods.
Laugh of the Month Submitions
Laugh of the Month:
Want to know More?
Nature’s Bandits is a family owned and operated company specializing in the production and distribution of; Healthy, All Natural, Organic, Dried Fruit and Veggie Snacks for children of all ages (5-105 y/o).